This is how we develop our bags
Step by step to the right bag
Before we realise an individual bag, we first create a clear picture of exactly what it is that you need. This means that we look at precisely what function your bag should fulfil. Our bag development workflow:
- Advice. Why do you need the bag? Design? Deadlines? Quantity? Budget?
- Dimensioning. Bag contents, original devices, accessories etc.
- Design. The first idea of the bag is often created on paper.
In consultation with you, we determine the basic principles of your functional bag. It is important to extensively analyse the areas of use, applications and workings of the devices here. We need to know the quantity you are planning and the timescale of the project in order to provide a detailed quotation. We will be happy to advise you on implementing your individual bag in line with your corporate design. This has an impact on the material, the colours and not least the logo presentation. As a professional bag manufacturer for technical bags, we of course take on the final step – decoration – for you. At our own facility, we offer all the relevant decoration options such as silkscreen printing, embroidery, labels and transfer printing.
- First dummy. A cardboard model.
- Modelling. We test materials and cuts.
- First prototype. A general sample. Do you like it? Modifications?
- Testing. Do the material and intended use fit together? Does everything fulfil your requirements?
Following the initial designs, we usually produce a dummy, which you, the customer, can use to check whether your expectations have been met. We will also be happy to create initial samples in line with your ideas.
- Manufacturing. Series production begins.
- Logistics. Storage and Transportation.
As a specialist in functional and device bags, we offer you all services from one source: design, conception, sample construction, production and logistics. Depending on the quantity and timescale, series production of your functional bag takes place at European partners, in Asia or at our headquarters in Bielefeld. When it comes to logistics, we support you, the customer, with solutions for storage and needs-based transportation. Just ask us – we would be delighted to show you current reference projects for functional bags.
Get in our corporate film and learn more about what makes a HALFAR® special bag so unique and how it is manufactured.