The history of HALFAR® bags
30 years of Halfar System GmbH
- 1986 Armin Halfar founds the company Halfar System and starts the production of bags and backpacks. The first individually made plastic and leather bags are delivered to customers. In the early years, these bags are predominantly first aid kits and bags for safety devices.
- 1993 Halfar grows and rents new premises in Bielefeld city. The first series productions are made. The Halfar team grows to ten members of staff.
- 1996 Foundation of the Halfar System GmbH together with Kathrin Stühmeyer as an associate and joint managing director.
- 1994/1998 Halfar bags also come from Asia and the Czech Republic.
- 2000 Halfar purchases its own company premises at 23 Ludwig-Erhard-Allee in Bielefeld and 23 members of staff move in.
- 2003 The JCK Holding GmbH Textil KG becomes a shareholder in Halfar System GmbH.
- 2005 Space is created: with a new 2,600 sq m of warehouse and office space. The Halfar catalogue now features a total of 130 bag models. One wins the Promotional Gift Award: the FlapBag.
- 2006 Another Promotional Gift Award in Bronze for the TyreBag. Halfar broadens the internal decoration options with embroidery and transfer print. Over the next years, embroidery and digital print with automatic lamination follow.
- 2007 Halfar acquires two sister companies with the Günther Fassbender GmbH (FARE®) in Remscheid and the mbw Vertriebsges. mbH in Wanderup.
- 2008 HALFAR® becomes a brand! The promotional bags and technical bags emerge as two business divisions under one name. The members of staff develop a company mission statement.
- 2009 Bureau Veritas, a leading global test laboratory, certifies the HALFAR® quality management system. As a member of the BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative), HALFAR® obligates itself to the defined social standards. As a first supplier of promotional bags, Halfar introduces a 5-day express delivery service: the expressbags.
- 2009 HALFAR® introduces the c-mark quality seal from Bureau Veritas.
- 2013 More space was created again in 2013: The extension of the building in the Ludwig-Erhard-Allee was moved into during the third construction phase. Besides an expansion of Production orientated towards silkscreen printing, the embroidery section is also enlarged, and new offices and a new showroom are created.
- 2015 Halfar System GmbH is certified in line with the quality management standard DIN ISO 9001 ff.
- 2015 HALFAR® wins the PSI Sustainability Award in Category 4 - Environment Initiative.
- 2016 The Alliance for Family of Bielefeld honours HALFAR® as Family-Friendly Company.
- 2016 The Regionale Personalentwicklungsgesellschaft mbH Bielefeld (Community for Personnel Development Bielefeld) certifies HALFAR® for offering refugees job qualifications.